Soft Silky Hands

Women [especially moms] who work too hard usually have dry, chapped hands. Washing our hands too often makes our skin dry. As a mom, I always wash my hands to make sure that everything I prepare for my family is clean. The result... dry, chapped hands. I found in one article that the perfect moisturizer for this is olive oil. It has oleic acid, a nourishing fatty acid that can penetrate even the deepest epidermal layer of our skin. The Italian staple is packed with vitamin E which helps protect the skin from free radicals, which can lead to premature aging.

For more silkening benefits, the experts recommend mixing the oil with salt or sugar. Both are natural exfoliants and the granules will effectively slough away flaky skin. Here's the formula: add 1/2 cup of olive oil to 1 cup of sugar or salt [kosher preferred, but here in the Philippines rock salt can be used]. Stir well and rub onto hands and cuticles for 30 seconds. Rinse with warm water.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking for this information. Thanks for sharing, sister :)

Anonymous said...

I will definitely have to give this a try. Thanks for the scrub recipe!

Powered by Blogger.