Fish, a filling protein

Want to feel fuller for a long period of time? Fill up on fish. Experts say, it's the most filling protein - even more so than beef! Contrary to what I thought, I was surprised when I read about it.

When Swedish researchers conducted a study, they found out that participants who ate salmon for lunch consumed 11 percent fewer calories at dinner than those who ate beef for their midday meal (both dishes had the same number of calories).



Thank You Kristin!!!


My Art and the Mom in Me

5 comments:

Kristin said...

..the only problem is that I don't like fish!! Darn! And I really want to, LOL! i am the only one in my whole family who doesn't like it... Maybe one day my tastes will change, I hope! :)

Kristin said...

Aw... Thanks!! :D

iceah said...

very interesting c: talaga? kung pwede lang araw arawin e :p

Cascia Talbert said...

Fish is very good for you. Especially wild Alaskan Salmon. They have a lot of omega 3 fatty acids. Not only do omega 3's help your heart they also do wonders for the skin. If you or your child has eczema a daily dose of omega 3 will clear it up real fast. Thanks for sharing this!

Unknown said...

Another addition to the fish discussion - is that quite a large proportion of the fat that makes up the brain is made up from Omega 3 - and Omega 3 cannot be produced by the body so it is important to replenish it to help with the brains functions. For those who may be vegetarian they can get Omega 3 from flax seed oil and smaller portions from walnuts, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds.

There are also currently studies linking oily fish with the prevention of many other conditions - so thank you for this article Liza - I think we all need to be reminded about the good things in life from time to time.

Powered by Blogger.