Comfortable Shoes Can Help Ease the Pain of Plantar Fasciitis

My plantar fasciitis is getting worse.  I used to ignore the pain on the arch and heels of my feet when I stand up after waking up in the morning because it usually goes away after a few seconds.  But now I feel the pain often; not just in the morning.  It gets worse when I stand up or walk for a long time.  I need to do something about it before it gets really bad.

Plantar fasciitis occurs when the thick tissue on the bottom of the foot becomes inflamed.  That's the plantar fascia and it connects the heel bone to the toes and creates the arch of the foot.  I have read that stretching is the best treatment for this condition but it's going to take a long time.  Surgery is not recommended unless it's gotten too bad that you can't walk anymore.  Who want's to go under the knife anyway?  So I'm really keen on treating my plantar fasciitis with stretching.  I also need to find comfortable shoes for standing all day to allow the plantar fascia to heal.  Night splints are not easily available here but I'm thinking of ordering online.




I'm in for the long haul because I also need to lose weight to ease the pressure on my feet but I am hopeful that my hard work will not just improve the pain but totally heal it.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.