Cooking with Filippo Berio #OLIVEyouFB


Since I've been diagnosed with a gallstone (July 2015), I have not been eating pork and beef. I only cook with omega3 rich oils like extra virgin olive oil. (And when we're talking about EVOO, Filippo Berio is one of my favorite brands.) I also encourage my family to avoid fatty and oily food.



I was recently sent a bottle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil courtesy of Influenster. Salt and Pepper Pork is one of our favorite dishes, but since we're eating more fish, I've thought of making it using Tilapia instead of pork ribs. Well, it turned out really good and my family loved it.




Salt and Pepper Tilapia

Ingredients

  • 1 to 2 Tilapia, cleaned 
  • 2 tablespoons chicken powder  
  • 1/2 teaspoon Five Spice powder 
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper 
  • 1 tablespoon sugar 
  • Pinch of salt 
  • 1 medium onion, diced 
  • 2 tablespoons scallions or spring onions, cut into 1 inch strips 
  • Olive Oil for frying

Directions

  1. Mix together first five ingredients. 
  2. Dry rub pork slices with the mixture and let sit 30 minutes to 1 hour. 
  3. Leave some of the mixture for the onions. 
  4. Fry the fishes until golden brown, set aside. 
  5. Using the same pan, saute diced onions until soft. Add scallions or spring onions and saute for a few seconds more. 
  6. Add remaining dry rub to pan, stir. 
  7. Lastly, add the fried fishes and mix well. 
  8. Transfer to a serving platter. 
  9. Enjoy!

I hope you will try it because it's really good. If you're not used to cooking a whole fish, you can try the Tilapia fillet or any other fish fillet you prefer. If you've tried it, let me know what you think of the dish through your comments.

Disclosure: Product/s mentioned above were sent to me by Influenster for testing purposes. No monetary compensation was received to write the review. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own. However, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


1 comment:

Vintage Leather Bags said...

Cooking with Filippo is great.

Powered by Blogger.