Know the latest from MCN

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Follow me here

Recent Viewers



Credits



Designs by Sheila

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

When Size Matters

One of the keys in slimming down is always keeping portions in check, but you definitely don't want to carry around a set of measuring cups especially when you're dining out, lol. Learn and remember to eye-ball diet-friendly sizes with visual cues.

According to Lisa R. Young, Ph. D., the author of "The Portion Teller Plan", 3 oz. of meat, poultry or fish is about the size of a deck of cards; 2 tbsp salad dressing is equivalent to 1 shot glass; 1 tsp butter or margarine is the size of a postage stamp; 1 oz. cheese is equal to 4 dice; 1/2 cup rice or pasta is half a baseball; and 1/4 cup nuts is a golf ball.

The next time you're eating out, just remember these visual cues to avoid overeating. :)

7 comments :

Max said...

Hey Liza,

This is why I am against diets: who on earth has the time to measure food? No, thanks! lol

I eat properly and I exercise and believe me, it is a very good diet plan!

I wish you had a fantastic weekend, darling :D! I did have one myself!!

Wishing you a great week ahead...

Cheers

Lisa/starbursidereus said...

great tips! thanks for sharing :-)

mm said...

good tips but hard to do=)i love to eat hehehe

Laane said...

I don't know the size of a shot glass, so I guess that's the reason I never use salad dressing...or is it the other way round? LOL!

Julie@Cool Mom Guide said...

Best advice I got was to immediately ask for a to go container when you order food at a restaurant. Take half of that meal and pack it away. If you can't see it, you may not eat it and it's also a money saver-you get a whole other meal the following day! :)

My Life's A-musings said...

Thank you for regularly dropping by my site "My Life's A-musings". I have placed a widget of your card on my sidebar that will last for a month. This is to show my deep appreciation for your regular visit.

Race said...

good tips liza, wish i can do that hahaha!

 
Blog Template: Designs by Sheila / Header Graphic: Rahul Tiwari