B is for Banana


Bananas are not just for making your tasteless bran cereal less boring. This yummy fruit is packed with B vitamins, something our body need more as we age, especially to us, women. A new study found that women of childbearing age, particularly those who are taking contraceptives, are much more likely than men to have inadequate amounts of vitamin B6. They say, the nutrient is necessary for estrogen metabolism and the pill adds more estrogen to your body. This vitamin is also vital for red blood cell function, a healthy immune system, and normal brain activity. Low levels of this can lead to a form of anemia.

But wait, the benefits don't just stop there. Boosting your B12 intake could reduce your risk of developing Alzheimer's later in life. Bananas, baked potatoes, and chicken are good sources of B6, while your B12 can come from milk, meat and eggs.

So, you see, a banana a day keeps those wrinkles away!

11 comments:

Heidi said...

I had no idea that bananas could help with wrinkles!

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

This is the one fruit I do eat fairly regularly. Glad to hear of all these benefits!

Kristin said...

You just made me want a banana.. albeit in a peanut butter and chocolate milkshake.. but as long as you consume the banana along with the chocolate and peanut butter then I am okay, yes? lol! :)

Karen said...

Mmy Liza, favorite ko Lakatan. hehehe. Nakakawala rin daw ng manas sa buntis ang pagkain ng saging.

Unknown said...

what else can you ask for... a banana is always the banana!

Unknown said...

opsss forgot somethin, please visit also my deo's web blog

CECiL said...

I take bananas to clear my bowels :D

SASSY MOM said...

yes, Banana has a lot of health benefits! My family is always eating those.

Balisugar said...

A good tip Liza...hmm forever young

Michelle said...

Great info. I love bananas. We eat them a lot in our house. I like the fact that they're full of potassium. Which I always seem to be low on. Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes. Hope you had a great Mother's Day too.

Max Coutinho said...

Hey Liza,

Thank God you are back to pop-up comment window lol...

Banana also had loads of potassium, and several types of sugar. But you are right, we should eat one a day everyday.

Another great tip, as always.

I hope everything is cool with you, darling! :D

I wish you a great week ahead!

Hug and cheers

Powered by Blogger.