Shopping While the Kids are Asleep

Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!  I think that phrase is said 100 times during the course of a day.  I am definitely the kid’s concierge. I get the drinks, the food, change the channel, take them outside to play and hundreds of other things on a daily basis.  And, don’t get me started about when I try to take them shopping.  I mean I guess I can see why they get so antsy; my husband gets the same way.  Ha.   They are at a place that they don’t want to be in the first place, I am dragging them all over the place, and they just want to be at the playground.  So, I decided to eliminate many of these shopping trips.  I just wait till the kids are asleep and then jump of the computer for some online shopping.  What I like the best is that I can start on a site like MyCoupons.com and get coupons to shop online.  I start at most popular to see what other people have used throughout the week and then follow the link to the retailer’s site.  It was perfect this week when I needed to buy a Father’s Day gift.   They have a quick link for Father’s Day coupons, and I found $5 off Sears Coupons and some Nike Coupons.  Both places have perfect ideas for dad.  Also, as I looked through the items, I found 15% off Crate & Barrel Coupons for outdoor furniture.  Perfect for this time of year, and our deck could use some upgraded furniture.  I love that I can find things for myself and the household while shopping for gifts.  And speaking of gifts, how about gift cards?  People love them as presents, but did you know you can buy them below face value.  If you click on the discounted gift cards section at MyCoupons.com, you can find a bunch of them.  They have several listed and if you don’t see your favorite retailer, you can schedule an alert to email you when one becomes available.

Hopefully this helps you better manage one part of the household.  Not all you need is one of those robot butlers like they had on the Jetsons.  Wow, that is a flashback.  So, good luck and have fun finding some online coupons. 


Monique Rowe is a guest writer for My Coupons.com and loves doing product and service reviews on her site The One Income Dollar.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.