angels are everywhere...


I am writing about my friend's (Annelle) comment on my post the other day (my brave little boy). She talked about angels, saying that they're everywhere. Yes, I agree with her and I believe that each one of us has his own guardian angel.

I remember when I was 4, my brother and I was crossing the bridge (2 stories high) from our house going to our grandparents' house. It was kinda dark and both of us were afraid. We were in such a hurry to get to the other house when I stumbled and found myself hanging on the side of the bridge. I heard my brother cry and call for me, he tried to help me holding my right hand really tight to lift me. I was trying to get up too but I just couldn't. For a few minutes we both tried, but when I got tired, I knew I had to let go. I closed my eyes and released my grip on the bridge. When I opened my eyes, I was already on the ground lying face down. Frightened and shaking, I got up quickly. I was soaked in grease because I fell on the garage. I quickly checked on the front door but it was locked, so I had to run to the back to check on the kitchen door. I knew I had to get in the house quick and get to my brother who was crying and screaming, I had to tell him that I'm alright. I was looking for a way in when I heard my dad called, I felt relieved when I heard him so I answered "I'm here and I'm alright". They wanted to make sure that I was really alright so they rushed me the hospital. The doctor was even surprised when I was asked what happened, no bruises and broken bones. The tests given to me showed negative results.

When we got home, my mom told me that I was saved by my guardian angel. Each one of us has a guardian angel, we may not see them but they are there. And yes Annelle, I agree " Do not worry over something you do not have control over", I'll remember that.

*Who are our Guardian Angels?
No evil shall befall you, nor shall affliction come near your tent, for to His Angels God has given command about you, that they guard you in all your ways. Upon their hands they will bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone.
Psalm 91: 10-12 A heavenly spirit assigned by God to watch over each of us during our lives. The doctrine of angels is part of the Church's tradition. The role of the guardian angel is both to guide us to good thoughts, works and words, and to preserve us from evil. Since the 17th century the Church has celebrated a feast honoring them in October throughout the Universal Church. Since the last calendar revision this feast is Oct 2. (taken from Catholic Online)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.