Know the latest from MCN

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Follow me here

Recent Viewers



Credits



Designs by Sheila

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Gum Disease - Pregnancy Link

I have written several articles about gum disease being linked to heart attack but here's another surprising discovery and it concerns pregnant women. Gum disease, according to the article, can also trigger premature birth. Studies show that women with severe gum disease may be two times more likely to have a pre-term baby. Moreover, they may also be at more risk of pre-eclampsia [ a medical condition where hypertension arises]. The experts believe that the bacteria from diseased gums can trigger increases in the levels of compounds that induce labor.

7 comments :

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

It is amazing to me how so much is connected and about how little I know.

Gin said...

I was just blogging about my toothache...then this...I'm crossing my fingers.

SWITTOOTH said...

that's for this info, mommy liza :) how are you? it's been awhile...take care!

your "Health Assistant" said...

I have to tell this to my two pregnant officemates this is a good information nice post godbless

Alisha said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright2@gmail.com

Empty Streets said...

I love the tiny tidbits and facts you write here. :) will be adding you to my blog roll roster so me and my readers get to see what is currently showing on your side of the world :) Will be dropping by more often. ;)

Empty Streets said...

I just noticed your scroll bar for your linky love on your site, could you teach me how to that too? Cause it was such a hassle when my blog got damaged during a template make over and it was so much work getting all the people i love on the blog world back on my blog roll :)

 
Blog Template: Designs by Sheila / Header Graphic: Rahul Tiwari