The Sunshine Vitamin

Cancer, heart disease, depression, and diabetes are illnesses that account for about 60 to 70 percent of deaths in America, and probably in the whole world. New research suggests that Vitamin D may protect you against these illnesses because it is one of the most potent regulators of cellular growth, helping prevent cells from becoming malignant. They recommend being outdoors without sunscreen for about 10 to 15 minutes everyday. For pre-menopausal women, to get no less than 1000 IU of vitamin D (5 times the 200 IU currently recommended by the USDA). But it's best to talk it out with your doc first before increasing intake.

2 comments:

Max Coutinho said...

Hey Liza,

How are you, dear :D? I am perfect :D!

I enjoyed reading this article, because I didn't know I couldn't wear sunscreen in order to absorb vitamin D. I will follow this advice too (in a proper time of the day - when the sun is not so high): thanks :D!

I wish you a great week ahead, my friend!

Hugs

Cascia Talbert said...

Yes it is very important to get enough vitamin D. Vitamin D also helps with calcium absorption. If you are not taking a vitamin D supplement you should spend at least 15 minutes a day outside. This is also important for pregnant women and if you are taking a calcium supplement. Thank you for sharing this information!

Powered by Blogger.