Having Fun with Machine Embroidery Designs

Although I miss stitching and embroidery so much I can still have all the designs I like with my new discovery, machine embroidery designs.  If you are a frequent visitor of this blog, you probably know that I do cross stitch, needlepoint and hardanger embroideries, but I have stopped doing projects ever since I started wearing reading glasses.  I miss those times and I miss joining the contests.  I didn't always win but it was fun and I have met a lot of stitchers from all over the country; we've shared tips and even patterns.

One project takes months to finish especially if you are working on a large project.  I remember my winning piece took almost a year to get done.  It was a rice harvesting scene taken from the painting of Jose Blanco.  I used more than 50 colors for that project alone.  It was a real challenge because I also had to watch out for the back; it had to be as clean as possible.  Knots and crisscross stitches are a no-no!  The stitches were checked before you could qualify and it was only after checking that you can frame the project.  It was difficult but I had fun and the 1st prize medal I got from it made me forget about all the sleepless hours. 



I miss those times and I wish I could go back to stitching (sighs).  Anyway, the website I found sells digistitches.  These are machine embroidery designs that you can make into different projects; bags, dresses; shirts; table runners, place mats; etc.  I might not have personally embroidered them but I get to sew them into different things.  And it's more fun now that we have twins; doing their shirts and dresses are keeping me busy.  If you love embroideries and you like sewing dresses or things for your home, why don't you check out the website?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.