Seeing Old Friends

It's great that mom is once again connected with her friends.  When she heard that one of her classmates is back, she contacted some of their high school friends so they can meet up here at home.  They haven't seen each other for years and it's good that mom and dad are socializing again.  My parents kind of lost their interest in seeing old friends when bad economy hit their business several years ago.  The people whom they thought of as friends (and even some relatives) turned their backs on us. 

Anyway, the high school friends I'm talking about were not one of them. Going back, mom invited her friends to come over and have lunch with  us.  Mom and I prepared for a barbecue party and I helped her rearrange the patio furniture to accommodate all of them.  I removed the outdoor furniture covers and cleaned the yard.  I also ordered for some fresh flowers so the patio would look nice.



I didn't think the time for lunch would be enough for her and her friends; they have not seen each other for a long time and there were a lot of catching up to do.  And my hunch was right; they stayed up until dinner time.  Mom didn't know that I prepared extra food for dinner.  I wanted to be ready just in case.

They all had a wonderful day and they are planning to get together again soon.  I think the next meet up will be at Aunt Lydia's house.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.